GSYSL is proud to announce a "Respect the Game
" initiative in the Fall of 2012.
We want all to enjoy the game responsibly. We encourage and expect all Coach's Players,Fans and Referees to:
- All Players and Referees will be given a patch by GSYSL to wear on their uniform sleeve.
- Respect is the collective responsibility of everyone involved in football to create a fair, safe and enjoyable environment in which the game can take place
- Respect also aims to bring the fun back to soccer for young players. Parents and coaches pushing too hard and pressuring impressionable children is having a negative impact on their development and enjoyment of the game.
- Respect is the collective responsibility of everyone involved in soccer, at
all levels, to create a fair, safe and enjoyable environment in which the game can take place.
- Respect aims to address the drop-out rate (30-40% each season) of referees from soccer due to abuse.
- "Respect the Game" is a campaign committed to providing a positive, safe and enjoyable atmosphere at all soccer events.
- Respect players, officials and other fans
- Be loud, enthusiastic and supportive of the teams and the referees
- Remember ... It's all about THE GAME!